Monday, July 03, 2006

Fireworks Sail

****July 8 update ---- The pictures Lori took. (click here) ****
****July 6 update ---- More pics of the July 3 sailing day over here on Cat's page****

Burlington does their fireworks on the 3rd because people come from all over, and they don't want to interfere with individual towns' fireworks that are on the 4th. We decided to watch them from North Beach, which was cool for me because I could take people sailing from there. So I was sailing from 11AM to about midnight.

A drunk guy on the beach showed me that I could actually beach the boat without jamming the centerboard if I pulled the bow up, left the stern in the water, and tied the bow to a tree. It actually worked 3 times, but the last few times I was lazy and didn't tie it because it seemed to be staying put ok... and the 4th time the boat worked its way sideways onto the beach and now the centerboard is jammed hard, and unfortunately this time none of it is sticking down far enough to grab onto like last time. I'm going to have to unglue the teak on top of the centerboard trunk and try to hammer it down from above. Bummer. :-( But a cool trick learned.

Watching the fireworks from the boat is cool, and the boat traffic wasn't nearly as crazy as I thought it might be.

So anyway, here's the pictures I took. Hopefully everyone else will email me theirs soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home